Thread: Hi From Cincy
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 10:18 PM   #39
Evangelical

Default Re: Hi From Cincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Evan, but you condemned the picture of the Lord's Table bread by SonsToGlory in post #16 saying "some of the bread is leavened, and some of the bread is unleavened. So this is a symbol of division as the bread is not all the same - even Catholics and Lutherans ensure that the bread is the same" thus condemning the body of Christ for using leavened bread.

Thus it was you you raised the matter of "regulatory ordinances", proving, according to your assessment, that you eat from the tree of knowledge.

Read your posts again, bro. You condemn me for what you actually did. Shame on you. (Rom 2.1)

I simply pointed you to the scriptures which unveil the truths. I do understand though, having listened to Lee for years, that the scriptures frighten you, and it is far safer for you to stick to Lee's teachings, your HWFMR, and Life-Studies.
There's a big difference between condemning a denomination for using leavened bread, and pointing out a deficiency in a symbol.

If you review the history of this thread, the first and only person in this thread who raised the matter of regulatory ordinances concerning the Lord's Table was yourself in post #20. You changed the topic from the accuracy of a symbol to one of a regulatory/legal matter.

Rather, I pointed out deficiencies in the symbol, similar to if a person pointed out a missing star on the American flag.

I also highlighted that Catholics and Lutherans use the correct symbols - this was something positive I had to say about these denominations.

Thus, my post was not a condemnation of the Body of Christ for using leavened bread, and, why would I criticize denominational tables for the type of bread they use when it is well known that local church members believe all denominational tables to be invalid, regardless of the type of bread used.

And why would you continue to insist that I condemned the Body of Christ regarding regulatory ordinances when you have discovered that we agree that the type of bread used does not matter? You said that I was "finally admitting to the truths I was relating from scripture".

Actually I did not admit to anything, I have always known that it does not matter what kind of bread is used in the Lord's Table, and was clarifying that. However, I disagreed with the statement that it symbolized the one Body.

From your point of view it seemed as though I was admitting to the scriptural truths you presented, but from my point of view you were talking to a different topic altogether, and when I wrote "there is no rule", this was me showing you that I am not talking about the same thing that you are.

The only circumstance in which I would have raised the matter of ordinances is if StG posted a picture of a roasted pig on the table and declared it to be the Lord's Body. Then I might have said something about using bread in communion and not meat, recognizing that the use of bread over meat would not have validated the table if the table represents division.

There is no rule about the type of bread used in communion or even adding some side salad to accompany it, but if someone pointed to the bread and said it represented the body of Elvis or posted a piece of chicken and said it represented the body of Christ well that is something I would disagree about the symbols.
Evangelical is offline   Reply With Quote