View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 08:30 AM   #12
Tdzikenu

Default Re: Testimony of an Ex-Donguismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
Seems to me that the first disciples had three problems, post-resurrection. First, if Jesus was king, why wasn't He sitting on a throne in Jerusalem? Why didn't things get restored to their proper order? The Romans were still very much in charge, etc.

Second, what of the law, and Moses' decrees? Note that much of the NT is spent covering this subject. So the atoning death, etc up to the outpouring of the Spirit becomes an analog to the old decrees. "The law of the Spirit of life has freed me from the law of sin and death" etc.

Third, what of the gentiles? Where do they fit into all this?

Now, I bring all this up as contrast to the kingdom-building schemes of Mssrs Lee, Dong et al (including Shouters, Lord Changshou sect, EL as well). Seems that they've an entirely different set of concerns. Their answer to questions 1 and 3 is simply the organization. It's all about building up the kingdom, here on earth. For question 2, laws come and go, rise up and vanish like smoke, according to the need of the moment. Again, it's all about building up the kingdom.
may sound a little bit off track, but, are you connected to a brother Gino based in Bogota, Colombia?