View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 12:22 PM   #8
TLFisher

Default Re: What ever happened to Max Rappaport, John Ingells?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post

The times I was at the W.A fellowship it was mostly people over 40 and many much older. It was over half Chinese/Asian. I don't think there has been much growth, especially in the area of American Caucasians and young people. I think the reason for this is very simple - If people are going to church for just to fulfil some religious need then there are many more attractive/entertaining/uplifting places to go, especially in So. Calif.

Conversely, if someone is really seeking the Lord, the ministry of the Word and true/open fellowship with other genuine Christians, then there are also many better choices than the Local Church or any spinoff church that's basically the same but without hearing the name of Lee every other sentence.
The latter first. I would recommend a community church if not a house church.
I had only been at Westminster in 2010. I can't say for certain, but I recall a fair ratio of Chinese and Caucasian. What caught my attention was the number of youth in the congregation. As I had fully expected most brothers and sisters being over 40 with not much youth.
TLFisher is offline   Reply With Quote