View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 10:34 AM   #163
aron

Default Re: Open Letter - Dear Saints in the Lord's Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsFreedom View Post
I'm going to start throwing a few comments over onto this thread from Facebook so they can live on over here on the LCD forum.

FB comment:

Here's what the FTTs are good for: training you to submit to asinine rules and never question so-called deputy authority. The FTTs are literally Witness Lee propaganda schools, not Bible schools. You *think* you are going to study the Bible, but really it's to learn all about Witness Lee and his heretical teachings which you are taught are completely orthodox.
Jo, so many people were encouraged that someone spoke up, as your post above. Clearly the FB reaction shows that people were waiting for some kind of venue to call the chains of repression what they were.

The other thing that's so encouraging about your FB letter is the unremitting affirmation of your position. Here's one such affirmation posted today: "The connection to god is a very personal one and I believe no other person, leader or group can tell you how to believe."

That pretty much made my day. I was like, "Ayyyyyeeemmmeeennnn...."

Everyone has their own unique journey. The chief thing is to take responsibility for one's own (thoughts, beliefs, actions, feelings), and to avoid stumbling the person next to you. Because they're on a journey, just as real to them as yours is to you. And Jesus taught this over and over and over again, How you treat the Other Guy (or Gal) is how God is going to deal with you. Everyone got the same command: Own your own journey, and do your best to validate your neighbour on theirs. As much as you can validate (encourage, support) others along the way, so your own goes forward. "Until we all arrive..."

The Good News is pretty simple at its core.