View Single Post
Old 11-23-2016, 04:16 PM   #20
zeek

Default Re: Question for Christian Former LC Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

I started meeting with the LC a few years ago shortly after I got saved.
I've been in and out of their meetings, and their ministry never really took hold in me
I always got my messages from the Bible and casually read their stuff in meetings.
However, recently I've become interested in a sister there who serves full time. The enemy came up and accused me of being in a cult, and I know the enemy doesn't want me to marry her but that made me look into the LC and it potentially being a cult. I think this sister likes me but I'm more worried about the enemy accusing/condemning me for being in a cult.
I'm concerned about this, can anyone offer advice?
My experience in the LC was years ago, but, if the situation in the LC is still like it was back then, the LC was totally centered on the meetings and the meeting were totally centered on the ministry of Witness Lee. Consequently, marriage as understood and practiced by the Local Churchers only existed to perform a subservient function to the Ministry. So, if your interest in this sister has to do with anything other than serving Witness Lee's ministry, it will create conflict for the sister. Unless you plan to jump in and become 100% for the Local Church as the center of God's purpose on the earth, you should do everybody a favor and leave her alone. Of course, if you are in love with the woman, and don't care if you mess up her relationship with the LC in order to consummate your love, well then, go for it! How she will ultimately feel about it, God only knows.

Ken Gemmer- Church in Detroit, Church in Fort Lauderdale, Church in Miami 1973-86

zeek is offline   Reply With Quote