Thread: Smoking Gun?
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 02:01 PM   #154
Evangelical

Default Re: Smoking Gun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastofthese View Post
The influence of Watchman Nee is far greater than Witness Lee. Witness Lee sought to humble brag his way into influence... but outside of his circle of yes-men, he has been the opposite of popular. I have found that the leadership in my locality loved to take credit (on behalf of their leader) for different positive aspects of modern Christianity. I found/find this hilarious - but not surprising.

For example - Taking credit for the non denominational church movement. Taking credit for increased discussion in regards to the Holy Spirit in the church. Before Witness Lee it was just the nasty Pentecostals talking about the holy spirit - most people don't know that.
In what sense is the influence of Nee greater? I think yes, in some sense, Christians may have read Normal Christian Life and gained some appreciation of the tri-partite man. But not Normal Christian Church Life. I don't know of many people leaving their denominations after reading Watchman Nee, as he said the command in the Bible is to "come out". It is the same on this forum, Nee does not have much influence, because 8 out of 10 posters will disagree with me when I say "the Bible says to come out of denominations". If Nee had some influence, the number of people in agreement would be much higher.
Evangelical is offline   Reply With Quote