View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 11:16 AM   #66
ToGodAlone

Default Re: An Outsider's Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
The recovery I was raised is not the same one that exists today. It is shadow of what it was once like. It used to be what the community churches today are; a place you can invite to bring your friends. Today's recovery is quoted by a blended co-worker on another thread;

"Not everyone belongs in the Lord’s recovery. I know a number of brothers and sisters that just don’t belong in the Lord’s recovery. It takes a special calling from the Lord for a person to be willing to pay the price to be in the Lord’s recovery. "

This is if you don't gravitate towards "the ministry", the recovery is probably not for you. Don't get me wrong there are positives in the recovery, but there are also negatives. Thing is it is like an elephant in the room no one wants to admit is present.

You mentioned footnotes. For all the footnotes included in the New Testament, how come there is nothing for "take heed" in Acts 20:28? One that has bothered me is footnote 17 to James 4:17, " A concluding word to all the charges in the preceding verses. It says that if the recipients of this Epistle are helped by James's writing and yet will not do as he wrote, to them it is sin."
Point is this word from James is based from Old testament scripture.
A blended co-worker? Forgive my lack of knowledge of the terminology, but that honestly sounds like he was put in a blender. Sorry...anyway...

Are you saying that nowadays they're telling people that you can only be in the recovery if you agree with that they teach you? If so then that's a pretty surefire way to get lots of LRC "fanatics".

What exactly did you mean concerning the footnote? Was it that since James's statement had OT origins that WL considered it invalid or something?
ToGodAlone is offline   Reply With Quote