View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 01:09 PM   #32
HERn

Default Re: Good suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
That the local churches got to the point of putting Witness Lee and his words above Jesus Christ (the one mediator between God and man) and God's word is what eventually caused me to run away fast. In one generation, we lost what took 1,000 years to recover, man's ability to have a printed copy of the Bible, and read it (instead of having it locked away by the church)! Judgement has been declared on that! Warning! Warning!, Danger!, Danger! Will Robinson!
This is a true statement. At one of the last "brothers" meetings I was in, when a question was asked about a moral/biblical issue an elder's first response was something like what did WL say about that? Nothing about what the bible says, or what Jesus, Paul, Peter, John or even one of the church fathers. It was Lee, Lee, Lee! Even if Lee was pure (and I don't think he was) his elevation, exaltation, and promotion by the current LC leadership disqualifies them and their movement from being followed (at least for me and my family).