View Single Post
Old 08-01-2016, 05:45 PM   #515
TLFisher

Default Re: MERGED THREAD: Leaders of the Lord's Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERn View Post
How was the RK lawsuit resolved?
http://www.thebereans.net/forum2/sho...=51777&page=20

Interesting points from different posts of the above link....

POST 286
"I was aware of mediation and expected to go into it at some point, having read extensively on what to expect in the process. When I saw the way their lawyer, a brother in the church, handled my Complaint in his response to the judge, I was surprised and also disappointed. It seemed to me that he didn't care whether he was telling the truth or not. He was "doing his job" to free his client. I didn't want to incur much more of this.

I honestly felt, or hoped for, a higher level of communication from him and also meaningful dialogue and fellowship from the "defendants", outside the path of litigation. Then have some sort of help through informal mediation, perhaps with the CRI people, Fuller, the 70 scholars. Open, honest, meaningful dialogue and sweet fellowship, as they experienced with CRI and Fuller.

Too much to expect? It shouldn't be.

I had subjected this lawyer brother, James Kuan, to lie if he felt he had to, and this brother I love as one who took care of my two sons as a young people's leader during difficult times for me during the turmoil in the late eighties. Now, my son, Kenan, was helping me somewhat vs James. But he did not feel to sign on as my attorney, for a few good reasons.

Two lawyers, raised in the church, now placed in this situation! My son told me I needed to get a defamation attorney, that it would take to long for him to get up to speed, but as time went on I began to feel more and more that my statement has been made. The brothers know I have something "against them". Now it is up to them to respond, or not. While others look on, such as Jose Rivera.

Jose has done what the brothers have never done. He actually recorded in print what he feels and provided excerpts for the readers' consideration, and mine. Thank you Jose. I respect you for telling me and others specifically what your problem with me is. I do hope you and your wife have not been stumbled by me, as I also have noted many times on the forum that the Local Churches have a positive side also that I appreciate.

If your wife, as a Federal court employee, would like to share with me her feeling about my use or misuse of the Federal Court system, I encourage her to post a private message through you since you are now a member. I would like to get her perspective.

The case was dismissed since the judge had no jurisdiction over Sherman since he had not yet moved out of state, and he was already dismissed. And, the other defendant never showed, so he was not considered to be a defendant since he technically did not receive his summons properly. And, I didn't feel to press the matter. I was at peace. Four months is enough time to make my point.

Jose is right that the case is dismissed with prejudice which means I cannot file this case again. Fine. My statement was made, and many brothers have heard it. This was my objective.
"

POST 294
"When I was in the FTTT, a LSM run training, every trainee was required to bring a copy of "The Experience of Life" which we then used as part of our study. In this book it makes it clear that if you are aware that a brother has anything against you, that you should drop whatever it is you are doing, even if it is a sacrifice to the Lord and first go and be reconciled with your brother. This is what the LSM requires every trainee to learn. And yet, here is RK, one of the leaders in the LSM thumbing his nose at this word from the Lord. This is why the Lord told us to do what they say, but don't do what they do. "