Thread: A little rant
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2016, 08:12 PM   #14
JJ

Default Re: A little rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
From the localities I have met with, I see shared responsibility. Those that speak it, those than remain silent, and the elders for sanctioning such speaking. The last locality I met with I brought it to the elder's attention. he didn't have any problem with "criticism of fallen Christianity".
When the "trashing" of fellow Christians comes again and again, week after week from "the Ministry" (there's some in every HWFMR) and LC leaders (there's some in spoken messages every week at the FTTA and at conferences). And leaders at all levels won't consistently refute it, the saints don't stand a chance. I tried for ten years in my local church to get this addressed, and never got very far, other than an admission that it was happening and it shouldn't. At some point my wife and I realized we were being Don Quixotes in a losing battle. But, the Lord showed me that the recovery was collapsing, and I needed to get out to work in the ambulance station that serves the injured people, with myself as the first patient.
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote