Thread: A Word of Love
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 04:07 AM   #67
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: A Word of Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by countmeworthy View Post
I agree. Good post! I sort of thought OBW was referring to the congregation he meets with when he kept referring to 'we' because in every church service I've attended and even in the small prayer group meeting I attend, the pastors encourage the congregants to invite people to 'church'...their church. In my prayer group, I hear people talk about inviting people to come to their church.

Now this is a subject matter, I honestly don't have a handle on (anymore). The Lord's Table was very unique to the LC. It was one of my favorite meetings. I think it was one of the meetings we all felt the strong Presence of the Lord.

But since leaving the LC, attending various congregations, the Lord's Table is not practiced in the same manner we did. Most congregations do not use the phrase the Lord's Table. They use the word Communion..which is fine. Most have communion once a month...except for the RCC which has communion all the time !

I have various teachings on communion and they're really good ! But I can't seem to keep staying in the habit of having daily communion at home. I start and stop.

This topic of the Lord's Table or Communion should probably be the start of a new thread.
Yes, I think this would make a great new thread because we could all share our present experiences and understandings as well as what we saw in the LRC. I also agree that the Lord's Table was my favorite meeting. This is where I feel we should give the LRC their due. It is very difficult as an elder to run a testimony meeting and I believe this is why the place I now meet shy away from this.