View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 04:43 PM   #73
aron

Default Re: Eating & Drinking Jesus Daily - who emphasizes this besides the LC?

I know it's tempting to think the Bible is about you and your experiences and enjoyments but it isn't. It's about Jesus.

(not writing this to anyone in particular but the post-Protestant reader)

The watershed moment for me was reading the RecV in Deuteronomy, talking about the King of Israel and God's word. WL's footnote said it was about the LC elder's experience 'reigning in Christ'. This after panning most of similar works of obeying God's commands as 'concepts of fallen well-meaning men'.

No, the King of Israel obeying God's command is Jesus of Nazareth. When I saw the RecV footnote I realised what a self-centered, myopic, and baseless world had been created. It was either "fallen humanity trying to be good (but no one can be good [ignoring Christ])" or "the NT believer enjoying grace". No Jesus - occasionally a vague, generic "Christ".

I see the "eating Jesus" as similar. Focused on the self and it's temporal experiences as if they are of themselves real. Guess what - they maybe *are* and they maybe *are not* and you will find out eventually when the fire makes all clear. Until then don't trust your experiences and enjoyments. Sometimes you are channeling the Father and sometimes the Adversary. Only Jesus is 100% God 100% of the time. Trust him - not your "enjoyment" or your "eating" or whatever you call it.

Peter is the paragon in the NT - he enjoyed grace and he stumbled. We saw both. Don't trust yourself. Don't trust your practices. Don't trust the merchandisers either. They are even further away.