View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 01:12 PM   #8
aron

Default Re: Testimony from Europe

Although my opinion here isn't needed, and may clutter things up, I still wanted to offer a brief "amen" to what has been written. These things also were my experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I asked if Witness Lee is no longer on this earth, does that mean there is nothing more to be learned from the word? I asked why only his teachings were taught? I was assured that he had found what was needed out of the bible.
I was told this as well: "All the high peaks have been recovered." This is completely wrong, factually, and second it smacks of pride and arrogance.

Quote:
Despite telling this person I did not have a problem with their meeting in the LC, I was still told I was being negative and attacking unnecessarily. For asking simple questions.
This I got on-line in an internet forum. Any questionings of LC practices and I was told (in writing) that I was "dark" and "bitter" and attempting to draw people away after myself.

Quote:
When I told this person that I was genuinely seeking just not through the LC exclusively I was told that the LC is God’s movement on earth. Period.
One of the interesting things about the LC program is that fellowship with non-LC christians is discouraged. They also warn that if you seek the Lord apart from "the ministry", then you "have left the ground". I was told that you may get confused, or "poisoned", not hearing the "pure" ministry.

The LC program tries to put itself off as the most orthodox and inclusive of christian groups, but in practice I found that nothing but LC activities promoted by Living Stream Ministry headquarters in Anaheim, is tolerated. My local church tried to have a conference once on one of Witness Lee's books, and were told on no uncertain terms (this our elder there told us personally) that we were to cover the last conference by the Blended Brothers. The "flow" from Anaheim only went one way: you could not tell them anything; rather they told you what to collectively do.

So the "oneness" which supposedly is all-inclusive of all christians, in practice turns out to be divisive and sectarian, in my experience. As in, "Everybody who doesn't do exactly what I am doing, is divisive and sectarian."