View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 06:46 PM   #33
LaLaLaLaLa

Default Re: Two Year Training Testimonies

Here have been some of my observations..

The ones with the best job prospects seem to be the ones that trained in the healthcare industry (medicine, dentistry, nursing, pharmacy etc.) who worked for a year or two before attending the FTT and maintained a relationship with their employer during the FTT.

The few that get married soon after the FTT are for the most part "normal" (if you get my drift) and have done right for themselves by breaking the rules a bit while in the FTT.

Then theres the ones who were kind of oddballs to begin with and come out of the FTT even more peculiar and have no idea to to function in the real world. They end up serving full time which kind of makes them odder and then finding someone to marry gets even harder. By then they are approaching their 30's and end up in some semi-arranged marriage situation.. often a 30 something year old sister with a 20 something year old brother which I have nothing against if they genuinely love each other, its just a bit of a trend I've noticed.

I have particularly noticed that with sisters the desperation to get married is REAL! Lets be honest for us women our "market value" only decreases with age. By the time they are approaching 30 you can smell the desperation from a mile away which I can imagine is only more off putting to men.

Then there are the stories of a bunch of FTT sisters practically fighting over the same 1 or 2 brothers... usually the token white minority male.

But what can you expect when from the age of 11 you are constantly warned about the opposite sex at every single camp/conference/training. They even go so far as to word it like, "We are all brothers and sisters. You do not kiss/have sexual relationships with your brothers or sisters so why is it any different in the church life? It is only ok when you are older and have finished the training." ACTUALLY insinuating incest because....logic! (I actually heard this as a high schooler).