View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 01:17 PM   #27
Freedom

Default Re: Two Year Training Testimonies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
My goal was to become a full-timer. I went to the training for the sole purpose of being a full-timer, it was my dream. I was going to migrate to France for the Lord's move in Europe and serve there. The day before I graduated, a leading brother came and tapped on my shoulder and told me that I wasn't going to be a full-timer and I have to get a job. At the time I was devastated.
Sadly enough, what I also observed is that those who were the most enthusiastic about attending the training were usually the ones who fared the worst. The reason being is that either the training didn't meet their expectations, or in more extreme cases, their enthusiasm was used against them.

One example in particular comes to mind. A brother I knew my whole life was the model prospective trainee. He went through high school and college with every intention of going to the training, and all plans revolved around that. Once he got in the training, however, he was assigned to a team to serve in a locality the trainers very well knew he didn't want to be in. Actually, no one wanted to serve in that locality, because the elder there who was overseeing the trainees was known to be mentally unstable. The trainers in Anaheim very well knew this.

Needless to say, this brother was devastated and dropped out of the training. I was shocked to see something like that happen to someone who was so dead set on going to the FTT. It definitely was a factor influencing my eventual decision to not attend the FTT. After year or so, this brother was somehow coerced to come back and complete the training (serving in the same locality), under the guise of being made to think that he just needed more 'perfecting'.
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote