View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 09:23 AM   #317
aron

Default Re: Prophetic words versus natural words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
"The ministry of Witness Lee is our only standard. We are not afraid to preach the ministry of Witness Lee even if men oppose; but if it is not the ministry of Witness Lee, we could never agree even if anyone approves of it."

How else would their members allow Lee to basically trash the book of James and most of the Psalms as being deficient in the divine revelation, while substituting his own high peak theology about man becoming God?
I missed your point initially, but then it hit me: what chapter and verse in the "pure Word of God" tells of "man becoming God, in life and nature but not in the Godhead"?

And for that matter, which chapter and verse in "the pure Word of God" tells us that David was being importune when writing that God saved him from death in Psalm 34? I have seen multiple NT accounts saying that he was acting as a prophet and foretelling the resurrection of Christ, his coming heir according to the flesh. But I don't recall which verses in the "pure Word of God" show that David's declarations were "in vain", being "natural", "fallen concepts" and so forth. I would certainly like to see those.

And if you simply want to cover everything with some blanket statement like - "there is none righteous; no, not one [even David]", then we have a little problem. Because, as Jesus said, "These things were written concerning Me". These things were not written concerning David or Abraham or some other flawed character. The reality of the Word is Christ. Your logic in vetting the "pure" OT text in this way leads us to the conclusion that even the Christ is not righteous, or that there simply is no Christ. I don't think we want to go there.

(or, for that matter, why judge yourself by a different standard and tell everyone how "pure" and "faithful" and "high" your own witness is and has been, if everybody is actually so irredeemably flawed as you say?)