Thread: OBW's Blog
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 12:16 PM   #3
OBW

Default Re: OBW's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndPeter View Post
Mike, I beg to differ with you on this one because normally I find your posts extremely insightful and helpful.
You may be correct. But what I noted in the articles I read was the tendency to suggest that the LSM has made something out of Lee's teaching that was not actually there. In one case, the result was that the LSM guys claimed that it was what Lee said all along. And when I looked at the quotes they provided, I would tend to agree. That means that Lee was culpable.

You may be correct that Nigel is looking beyond Nee and Lee, but what I have read so far (and it is mostly the older posts from 2005 - 2007) it would seem to be more in the line of defending a different Lee than the one the LSM is propping up. I do not doubt that the BBs have made things out of Lee's teachings that weren't actually there. But too much of it was there. It was even there in the 60s and we bought it in our craving for something "new" in a sea of Christianity that was not yet awake to the groundswell of discontent within its ranks.

Now I have seen some of John Myer's thoughts in his book. And I note that there was concern that he was moving too fast for some. For those who have become accustomed to getting around in the dark, to suddenly switch on the light is brutal on the eyes and causes many to cover their eyes to avoid it.

I do think that Nigel's intent is good and honest. But the things I have seen so far tell me of some amount of blindness caused by starting from Lee rather than scripture. Once that is too ingrained, it is easy to read the verse and assume the meaning Lee gave even where it should be painfully obvious that is not correct.

My goal is not to shame anyone, or set myself up in some manner. I actually presume that this will be the ultimate course of action for them. But I know that it has sometimes taken someone else pointing out my errors to make me face them.

I do not expect them to comment back to me or to acknowledge my existence. I actually have no expectation. I only have a hope that what I say might be found worthy of consideration. I have another to post soon. It takes aim at something that I have even said as true within the past 4 months or so. I will not say more now.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote