View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #11
Ohio

Default Re: Young Galileans conference in NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
I heard second hand about these messages. The idea is that of the 12 disciples 11 were "young galileans" and only one was from Judah (Judas). The young galileans were simple, absolute, and not darkened by religious teachings from Jerusalem. Is it just a coincidence that Judas was not a galilean but from Judah? The church needs to purge out the old leaven, referring to all the old stodgy members who are corrupted by their teachings they brought from Christianity.
Yes, that's right, now I remember all that talk about not being religious -- better to be a sinful heathen than a "religious" Christian. Max really took off with that anti-religion stuff, traveling from place to place. Imagine what obnoxious things they could cram into the young people when the only point of reference for being so-called religious was if the "expected" occurred. Anything different and unexpected must therefore be of God.

I remember one elder in Chicago, at the conference with Max at that old masonic temple they owned, who ripped out his belt and threatened to whip the young people who did not "Amen" WL's burden and relocate to the campuses for the "young Galilean" gospel flow. Obviously that was not religious, but it was not the Lord either. Thus many works of the flesh, in the guise of being "not religious," were thrust upon unsuspecting saints and young people like myself.

The elders were all suspect in those days since they must have been responsible for the "dead' condition in the churches. (I never knew that the churches were dead until that weekend. Until then I thought they were pretty living.) IIRC Max was sent out by WL to "shake up" the churches, and shake he did. Most of the elders either resigned or were fired by Max because of the insinuation that they were from Judah, where all the religious Pharisees were. Titus Chu, however, refused to resign, and none of his appointees would either.

This whole obnoxious "young Galilean" affair had its source directly with WL. Yet, when it all when up in flames, WL threw Max under the bus, and he came out smelling like a rose. WL was a master at this, and Titus was a master at protecting Witness Lee. Ten years later WL did it again, this time with Ingalls and Mallon, and once again Titus was one of his enablers.