View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 01:37 PM   #86
aron

Default Re: POLL: How do you generally view the LC?

StG,

in an attempt to re-center this discussion, can you tell us how to have assurance that Bill Freeman and Patsy Freeman weren't two sides of the same coin? How can we be sure that Bill Freeman teaching "Christ in you as everything" and Patsy Freeman's relationship manipulation and meddling weren't just two aspects of the manifestation of one same spirit?

(I didn't know either but am summarising what I've read from various persons who reported knowing them)

Similarly, how do we know that Witness Lee teaching "exercise your spirit" and "God's economy" weren't apace with son Timothy and his motor home business, or "Philip Lee is the Office"? How do we know that these aren't aspects of one and the same spirit?

In my case, I got sober for 2 years before I "touched my spirit on the local ground", and promptly relapsed. Eventually I got sober again and stayed sober this time, but that relapse was a warning that I resolutely ignored, as the pull of spiritual seduction was too strong. Like your friend, I found "the moving of the spirit to be absolutely off the charts", and it impinged on any sobriety (pun intended), clear-headedness, and caution I might have had. Not that there was much to start with.