View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 03:56 PM   #25
UnderGrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
Hi UnderGrace,

... the good ones simply repeated Lee word for word without adding a new word or thought of their own.

I prefer conversations to lectures. I prefer discussions to arguments. And I prefer a process of mutual discovery to one where only one person gets to have all the fun, and explore, and the rest of us have to sit there and take notes. Why did Lee only get to figure out what the Bible said? God put brains in us as well as human spirits and hearts. Don't be afraid to think, y'all. Don't be afraid to discover. God is good.

That's my 'amen' to UnderGrace's idea.

aron
Hi Aron,

Thanks for your warm welcome and the "amen" to "Discovery". What you wrote was very well put. It was exactly my feeling at the time when I had this thought that "Discovery" could be a good fit for people to refer to this forum. However I just couldn't put it into words the way you did. Thank you for being in your mind and using your "brain".

I have been to almost all the trainings, live or video. When it came to the testing time I could never understand why I had to utter brother Lee's or BB's messages word for word. If I felt led to go up there I usually shared my own thoughts. No wonder I didn't get too many "amens". I was not supposed to do that!!! I was told that brother Lee and the BBs were afraid that the saints would say it wrong or misconstrue the teachings. They want to play it safe and we must play out the messages like a "tape recorder" so we won't screw things up because we don't necessarily have the correct utterance. The saints ended up memorizing the portions they were going to share, got up there, tried hard to be in their spirit and hoped that they wouldn't miss anything. As long as they did that they would pass the test. Is this supposed to be the demonstration of "thinking the same thing" and "speaking the same thing"? To this day, I still don't understand the point to this kind of exercise. It was too mechanical to my taste. Oops, not supposed to have my own natural taste!!! Shouldn't the saints share what they have come away with after hearing a message? It would be more meaningful, encouraging and life-giving. That's my opinion anyway. Oops, not supposed to have opinions too!!!

Please keep posting as I really enjoy what you have to say...

UnderGrace
UnderGrace is offline   Reply With Quote