View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 09:34 PM   #49
Trapped

Default Re: Attending Different Churches: Divisive attitudes

Can I jump in here and ask about the word "oracle"? It seems we are using the term here to refer to a person, whereas in the Bible I believe it does not use it that way.

Gotquestions.org explains: https://www.gotquestions.org/oracles-of-God.html For example, in Romans 3:2, the oracles of God are not people, in the same way we are using "oracle" in this thread in reference to WLee or to another person.

Is there somewhere in the Bible where the thought of a person being an oracle is presented? I was reading a few passages of "the ministry" about the oracle, and I honestly think the way it is spoken about lends itself to a misleading interpretation of the word (shocker!). For example, one phrase is, "When we meet together to enjoy the speaking of God in His oracle..." and another is "There is such a heavenly traffic when God speaks in His oracle in the meeting." (from Further Light Concerning the Building Up of the Body of Christ) (I do note that elsewhere in the ministry Lee makes it clear we are not in the meetings "listening to a man" but as so often happens, his blurring the proper usage of some words lends itself incredibly easily to misinterpretation and insinuation that, in this case for example, Lee is an/the oracle.)

This wording Lee uses seems to indicate that the speaking and the oracle are something separate, i.e. his phraseology, "speaking in an oracle", when really I think the oracle is the speaking itself, or is the very words.

(I know this isn't at the very heart of UntoHim's questioning, but it would help me at least).

Thoughts?
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote