Thread: The LCS Factor
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 03:11 PM   #1150
Ohio

Default Re: The LCS Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnson View Post
Ohio your analogy escapes me. Please allow me to offer one for your consideration:

A priest of the RC decides that he doesn't like what the pope is doing and he and a group within the larger congregation determine to move down the street (or better yet have a lawsuit over the property) and start their own thing. All else remains the same: practices, liturgy, doctrines, etc. (including him being a priest) except they switched from claiming the pope is the sole authority to a authority. Do you honestly expect me or anyone else to seriously believe that the priest left the RC lock, stock and barrel? Sorry but the credulity required for such a belief is beyond my capacity and I'm sure beyond that of many others.
djohnson, your analogy escapes me. Never saw it happen.

At least my analogy had practical application in the LC's. How about we address specifics rather than hypotheticals which don't apply.

For discussion purposes, roughly how many public meetings have you been to? Ever been to a leaders meeting? A prayer meeting? Ever start a church from scratch? Ever participate in the breaking of bread? How many different cities? How many saints have you talked to? Etc.