View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 10:57 PM   #161
Nell
Admin/Moderator

Default Re: Lee's Trinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Nell,

My experience differs from most here. Do I not have the right to share that in this forum?

Yet, this conversation is about the definition of the Trinity, the orthodox teaching on it, and whether Witness Lee's teaching aligns with it. His teaching is orthodox but it is evident that some in this forum express tendencies toward the ditch of tritheism. Evangelical has done a service to us all by bringing in the views of several independent theologians to state the orthodox view. Regardless of your opinion of Witness Lee's teaching, everyone should care to understand the orthodox teaching.

I don't find fault with not understanding. We are all striving to understand. However, It is disconcerting when Christians purposely misrepresent Witness Lee's actual teaching in hopes to gain what only God knows.

Drake
Drake,

You have the right to "share". So do we.

Our experience is different from yours. We have the right to share our experiences. We also have the right to rebut what is contrary to our beliefs and experience. I believe that's what this forum is about.

With all due respect to Evangelical's hard work, the orthodox teachings on the trinity are not "orthodox" because someone does some research and declares said teachings to be "orthodox." We don't look to any man as an authoritative source. Neither do we look to ourselves. In all matters, we look to God.

At best, opinions and teachings are based on the interpretation of Scripture by fallen men. We pray for enlightenment by the Holy Spirit and look for the same in anything we read written by men. We accept or reject based on the Lord's leading.

I believe that purposely misrepresenting other posters on this forum is also disconcerting.

Nell
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote