Thread: Lee's Trinity
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 12:02 PM   #7
OBW

Default Re: Lee's Trinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
My thoughts on the trinity, don't try to explain it nor comprehend. It's mysterious. At best it's a descriptive word. Should it be used as a proper noun?
Or should we consider "he" or "him" to be a proper pronoun?

My goal is not to arrive at a better explanation, but to understand the variability that bounds the discussion. And the "nearly tritheist" position would appear to not be so nearly heretical as some have suggested.

It is clear that there is no viable formula for practice that creates oneness. Nee and Lee offered "church boundary = city" and their own group is busy excommunicating its own members, including entire assemblies, over things as petty as how much LSM materials will be used in its meetings and agreement (or disagreement) with the excommunication of TC.

So no matter how hard they claim that their fantasy is the key to oneness, it is clear that they cannot be one within their own group because of it.

And it might be that part of what causes this oneness that Jesus prayed about would be reducing the amount of doctrinal certainty that we hold to. The very opposite of many — especially those who try to claim to be "the one" or otherwise consider themselves to be spiritually superior to all others.

And like my own journey of "recovery" with respect to LRC doctrine, small opportunities to rethink old positions is better than just lambasting the whole thing. Each conclusion that there is some single error chinks the armor. Eventually, you realize that there are better sources of good Christian thought.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote