Thread: LC Gibberish
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 09:28 AM   #43
Jo S

Default Re: LC Gibberish

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillseekingtruth View Post
Yes! Thank you! Speaking the word of God is different than speaking what we want. Yesterday I was talking to my neighbor and he said that “by faith” I could speak into being having a baby. Uh....no. And he said that he spoke his nephew into being and told his sister that she have a boy. He also stated that my husband and I might be in the wrong church. Seriously, dude? There were others times when I complained and saint would say, “don’t say that. Don’t speak negative because it will come true.” Again....we don’t have that kind of power, right? Even in our prayer. We must pray, but God will answer as He wills, right?
Sst, scripture teaches us that our words are merely a representation of what's already in our hearts.

Words shouldn't be the sole focus of our prayers because even if we don't know what to say, God already knows our needs. It's our heart toward Him in trust and faith that truly matters.

Even you know from your experience in the GLA that scriptures can be weaponized and used against you. I too witnessed this myself. If you're using scripture in the wrong spirit, you risk turning that prayer into witchcraft.

The belief that our words have any creative power comes dangerously close to the "word of faith" heresy prevalent in a large part of Christendom. Going forward, just believe in your heart that Jesus is Lord of Lords, draw near to Him, and trust Him in all things. You can make your requests known but ultimately ask for His will to be done in your life.
Jo S is offline   Reply With Quote