Thread: Whistleblower
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 11:23 AM   #238
Steel
Moderated Member

Default Re: Whistleblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
...Loved ones I know. Parents, family friends etc who have been in the fellowship of local churches for 40-50 years. That's where the bulk of their Christian experience lies.
That's behind them... The Lord is in front of them... What is there about Philippians 3:13... "...Forgetting the things which are abehind and stretching forward to the things which are before,... pursue toward the goal for the prize to which God in Christ Jesus has called..." that isn't clear... Or should be ignored?

Quote:
...Realize or not, the ground of locality teaching does have it's hold.
Because people allow themselves to be imprisoned by their own preferences towards things... "...teaching..." has no way to "...hold..." anyone... Unfortunately... When we stop holding to Christ we become confused about this.

Quote:
...The question would be asked, "where would I go?".
Yes, I'm aware of the "familiar, comfortable, preferred environments." That's one of the traits I seem to notice about denominations. Whether one is raised as a Lutheran, a Baptist, or in the Local Churches, there is willingness to meet apart from those places of fellowship.
On the road I presently live on, and have lived on for a few years, there are three meeting halls related to three different non-denomination denominations (who knows what to call this organizations these days)... And to my knowledge there is no fellowship between any of them... And the same goes for yet another group just half a mile away on another road... A group that has no problem breaking the law by placing folded plastic signs out on the highway that we're close to (not sure what that says about what they teach regarding the things of God).

Terry... I've personally witnessed/experienced the divisiveness that goes on in Christianity... And know that, although oftened denied, it is completely acceptable to have a disposition of divisiveness within Christianity.
Steel is offline   Reply With Quote