View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 09:38 PM   #58
Drake

Default Re: Does "Baptist" Mean to a Baptist What "Recovery" Means to an LCer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by byHismercy View Post
And just to clarify, Drake, in the word, at that time, my heart desires to remain as Mary, only caring for His word, even to the neglect of my "duties", and when I was comparing myself to a "Martha" I was not thinking of a specific person, but the LC in general. This is my own personal revelation from the Lord. I see the LC as one rushing about, furiously trying to usher every child of God into and under the umbrella of WLs ministry, and forsaking those who try to buck this rider off their back. We are set free in Christ Jesus, brother. Everything in me wants to say to the LC, show me the justification for the division....in scripture! from the rest of Gods children....but that conversation is impossible, that door is closed to me. You really have no idea how much I appreciate some willingness to discuss these things, in you, Drake. Praise Jesus, brother.
byHismercy,

Well, we all heard the message that Mary chose the better part so we should aspire to be a Mary. Nevertheless, Martha's service part is still needed.

But you are applying that verse in what appears in a prideful way... yet, we all are to greater or lesser degrees both Mary and Martha... and we should be both loving the Lord and in service. The better part does not mean the only part. Ironically, a condemning and critical heart toward another was a trait of Martha... not Mary.

Drake
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote