View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 01:12 AM   #222
Gospelicious

Default Re: Shepherding Words "From The Co-Workers In The Lord's Recovery"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
Else, what did we pass through our experience for? Watchman Nee wrote "Authority and Submission" but ultimately he had to submit to the same authoritarianism that he espoused.
I personally believe that writing that book and enforcing its ideas upon the flock of God was Watchman Nee's greatest mistake (from where I'm standing). God's judgment soon followed after: and it was sure, and it was severe: and it was unstoppable.

Stop to think for a moment about the 'poetic justice' of it all. You espouse 'authority and submission' and the Lord turns a whole country upside down to give you a first-hand dose of your own medicine!

I don't know how many of you here have ever had a taste of the criminal justice system, but I can tell you that there is no more clearer real life illustration of Authority and Submission than the living hell of prison life (forget the army).

If God intended to humble that young man and topple him off of his high horse and teach him in full color his own self-confessed, written and published ideals on authority and submission there was no better way to do it. Because one thing is for sure....

....for twenty years, Watchman Nee, day after day, week after week, year after year, submitted and submitted and submitted and submitted and submitted and submitted...

...and then submitted some more...

"it is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God" (Hebrews)

"and there was a dispute among them as to who should be GREATER" (Matthew)..."

" you know that the princes of the gentiles exercise dominion over them and they that are Great exercise AUTHORITY upon them. BUT IT SHALL NOT BE SO AMONG YOU." (Matthew 20:25)

"...judgment must begin at the house of God" (1 Peter 4: 17).

It is reported that when Watchman Nee was finally released from prison in 1972 he was 'exceedingly humble'...one can only imagine the' far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory' that the Lord has wrought into him! ! !

..Grace.