View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 03:34 PM   #266
Kevin

Default Re: One Publication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Well, I believe you Kevin but I've never encountered that and I have observed many authors on the shelves of private libraries of brothers including leading ones. Furthermore, I bought most of my Govett, Pember, Panton, etc. from Conley and Schoettle publishers who had a table at an LSM sponsored conference. Additionally, LSM publishes the works of Watchman Nee that within also references and publishes those other authors works (Jessie Penn Lewis, S.D Gordon, and others) in the Collected Works.
Those people you've mentioned are in the line of the Lord's recovery. Of course they are recommended to be read because their theologies are aligned with the LC teachings. But aren't you missing this: "The books in Christianity are full of superstition, superficiality, and lukewarm theology, not to mention error in many cases. We are not part of organized Christianity." (The Ministry, March 2005)

Quote:
I can't speak to your experience and why the elder demanded that you read only Brother Lee's books. It really baffles me because I have never seen an elder or a leading one exhibit that attitude or behavior in my four decades + about what anyone can read. It's a ridiculous demand and expectation because it goes contrary to the observation above and even if an elder were predisposed to controlling others in that way it is impossible to enforce.

I don't see any demands in the One Publication that forbids anyone from reading and owning whatever they like.
Here's the deal, let every LCer during the prophesying meeting have the opportunity to share the books they've read.

Quote:
So for you my friend, better get all Fahrenheit 451 with those John Piper books you treasure.
And John Bunyan, R. C. Sproul, D. A. Carson, James R. White, Matt Chandler, David Platt, Jerry Bridges, Steve Lawson, Paul Washer, J. I. Packer, John MacArthur, J. C. Ryle, Paul E. Miller, Mark Jones, John Jerfferson Davis, Pat Springle, Elliot Nesch, Marcus Rainsford, Tim Keller, Charles Spurgeon, John Calvin, Michael Horton, Sinclair Ferguson, Robert Letham, Martyn Llyod Jones, and the grand finale Logos 8 platinum shared to me by mentor. How's that?