View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 11:49 AM   #3682
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
Joe Scarborough (Republican) didn’t mince words Friday morning: He called Donald Trump “openly racist” and said that, by extension, so are his supporters.

“You’ve got Charlottesville, where Donald Trump of course defended white supremacists with moral equivalency,” Scarborough said. “Even this year, Donald Trump calling Hispanics ‘breeders.’ Just last week, saying that immigrants coming across the border were, quote, ‘infesting America,’ and no, he wasn’t talking about gang members.”

Scarborough then told Trump supporters they are just as bad as the president regarding racial issues.

“[Trump supporters] cannot say, ’Oh, I’m just supporting him because he’s giving them hell in Washington, D.C.,” Scarborough said. “No, he’s been openly racist, just like we said back in December of 2015, openly racist. If you support him, then you’re supporting that, and you are that. It’s that simple. That’s what we’ve come to now.”
Wow, is that how it works? JFK was openly Catholic, does that mean everyone who supported him was Catholic? Greg Lougannis was openly gay, does that mean everyone who cheered for him was gay? Mohammed Ali was a draft dodger. Does that mean everyone who supported him was a draft dodger? Thanks, I didn't know why I never listened to Scarborough before, now I do.

Reminds me of Hillary Clinton who said that his supporters were deplorable. Makes you wonder why she lost the election.