View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 10:08 AM   #3513
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
The Eagles and their owner are the embarrassment -- deceptive at every turn. I'm sure the Secret Service has advised Trump never to participate with such a group of anti-American haters -- how could they protect him from an attack?
Anti American? I am pretty sure that the NFL is American (don't know of any other country to even try this sport other than Canada) and the Superbowl winners are the standard bearer of this very american sport.

Quote:
Your comment proves how the Democratic Party is the party of the rich, but not as you say "more Republican." Isn't it becoming hard for you to manipulate the facts around a false narrative? Don't the statistical facts tell us that the rich from the wealthy states are far more apt to be Liberals? And the poor working men and women are more apt to be conservative?
My comment didn't "prove" anything. It was anecdotal so at best it illustrated the point that these are Americans who are happy with America, they have done extremely well for themselves in this country, went to college, have extremely profitable careers and are successful. If you had 80 people in a prison who were angry with the President that wouldn't besmirch the President's reputation, but the fact that all of these people don't want to be honored at the White house, that is telling.

Quote:
Representing the people? How about a fair and honest Press. Obviously these rich, coastline, millennial athletes have been influenced by negative Press, 95% of which is skewed to smear the President. Why don't you fact check some of their distortions? Why do you discard your forensics training when it comes to the media?
That is insulting. Anyone who disagrees with you has been hoodwinked. Once you take that position it is no longer possible to have a reasonable conversation.

Quote:
Have you ever looked into the so-called underlying protest movement concerning the National Anthem? Have you any idea how many lies, distortions, and deceptions are promulgated to maintain this false narrative? "White cops targeting innocent black men" has no basis in reality -- but who cares -- because nearly all professional football and basketball players have swallowed this fiction.
Yes I have and I disagree with what they are doing. I disagree that this is a matter of free speech because I have no issue with them saying this in a tweet or through other avenues, but I feel it makes them look like spoiled brats to be making millions of dollars playing this game and then using the platform of the NFL game to make their protest. I also have no issue with the owners not hiring these guys who protested. The idea that they can protest as long as it doesn't cost them anything is anathema. That said, this had absolutely nothing to do with that protest. It has been pointed out repeatedly that the Eagles never once had any member kneeling during the Anthem. So Trump tweeting that this is the issue is nothing but "fake news" and another example of his lies.

Quote:
How do you justify all your hatred with the Lord's command to love even your enemies? And Paul's instructions to pray for our leaders?

I hear a lot of backlash against evangelical Christians, but I saw much more prayer from them concerning Obama, than I see in your hatred coming from Liberals towards Trump.
Hatred? Because I said he is an embarrassment? You are confusing your emotions. Ashamed of him, yes. Hate him, no. Pray for him, yes. Excuse his bad behavior and repeat his lies, no.