View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 09:36 AM   #2
aron

Default Re: Praise the Lord!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel
Almost every day for the last 19+ years I've been participating in online forums focused on God and believers... Many forums that are filled with unbelievers spewing their hatred of God and believers.

What I witness on those online forums is no different to what I witness from some here on these boards.
A good point, and worth commenting on. I've been posting on this forum for a while, and probably every third post or so, I should apologise to everyone if I'm conveying some improper spirit, & being disrespectful of others.

I think it comes out naturally - we argue points because ideas are important, but somewhere along the line forget that love is the most important idea of all, not winning a debate. And our debate has left love far behind.

What does the unbeliever think when they come here, and Christians are railing at one another? Where's the incentive to repent, believe, follow and obey?

Having said that, a few comments are in order. In the LC they love to despise "Christianity", which means everyone else. WL called non-LC fellowships "dark, satanic, corrupt, devilish, twisted" &c whilst his own errors were supposed to be met with benevolent indulgence? Hardly.

Second, if you look at the gospels, when the demons were coming out, it was kinda ugly. Screaming, crying, venting, rolling around. Some of that's going on here, whilst folks are de-programming themselves of the Thought-World of Nee and Lee.

But WL himself and the current blendeds are probably fine people, as people go . . . . they just got caught by some very bad ideas. Bad ideas can make otherwise well-meaning folk do bad things. ~John 16:2