View Single Post
Old 02-04-2016, 07:39 AM   #14
aron

Default Re: Opinions, opinions, opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
If it's the blended's opinion, well now their opinion is the "feeling of the Body".
God's delegated authority, by definition it seems, doesn't have an opinion. God's DA has God's oracle. Everyone else has an opinion.

I think this extends from an obsession with order at the expense of freedom. The "freedom of the Spirit" of Jesus and Paul is completely extinguished in the Chinese-flavored drive for "good order in the church".

There's a spirit which manifests itself in fallen humanity, which piggy-backs upon the revelation of Jesus Christ, and which ultimately strips the gospel of all its motive force. HERn cited Jim Jones and David Koresh; my poster child is the Mormon church. The "Jesus Christ" the Latter Day Saints talk about is not the Jesus Christ of the Bible; rather they use the natural desire to access God through faith in Jesus Christ to introduce a different spirit, and catch people, and pull them into their net.

If you hang around the LC long enough, at some point this spirit will manifest. Bill Mallon was told by RG, "We do what we are told", regarding Philip Lee as "the Office" of LSM. Awareness heard regional Florida overlord MP tell him, "You will take my personality as your own", mimicking MP's personality being subsumed by that of WL. In my case, I heard the FTTA trainer tell us, "Don't waste your time" with the poor, or sick, or weak; go for the Caucasian college students. Go get the good building material. And I heard, "The age of spiritual giants is over; it is the age of small potatoes". This statement had nothing to do with the Bible, and everything to do with the cultural agenda seen in the collective.

At some point the Bible stops getting piously waved in the air, and scripture gets ignored, because Big Brother has spoken. The logic simply becomes that Maximum Leader WN or WL said it, therefore it's in the best interest of the Mother Ship to ignore the poor, or to elevate one member to god-like status, or to obsess over relative position in the hierarchy, or pretend that Christians on Campus are "just Christians". Because our culturally-derived Mother Ship model dictates this thinking, and this behavioral norm. Just do as you are told. And don't question; be one with our brother's burden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
I was recently reading the "Life Study of John" online. Chapter 23, section 2. Titled: "Frustration of Human Opinions". ...the main point to be learned from the resurrection of Lazarus from the dead was not to have opinions. That's it, folks - the true "intrinsic significance" of the gospel record is for us to "drop our concepts" and follow God's DA without question. No wonder they are called a cult.
Reading WL going over the gospel of John and boiling it down to "life" versus "opinions" was something like reading a book review of a Zane Gray or Louis L'amour or Larry McMurtry novel, where the reviewer says, "In chapter one I noted men and horses. Chapter two also had men and horses. Chapter three through eight as well. Chapter nine: no horses. Chapters ten through eighteen all had men and horses. Therefore this book is clearly about men and horses."

The LC's culturally-based idea of good order in the church needed John's gospel to be about life versus opinions, so there it is. There's your book report. Enjoy the riches.