View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 06:09 PM   #178
Ohio

Default Re: Virgin Birth questioned: the implications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timotheist View Post
Of course the context of my statement is the virgin birth, not the entire books.

Over in my private blog I addressed my research into Luke's description of the afterlife, which is contained ONLY in Luke.

In that instance I gave Luke the benefit of the doubt because I found a passage in Ezekiel that supports the Lazarus and the rich man parable.

The virgin birth does not hold up, as there is no supporting evidence from earlier documents.

There is no reason to doubt the sermon on the mount.
Sounds to me like you have decided to pick and choose what you happen to like from scriptures. When God says what you like to hear, then you happen to say it is from God. Otherwise you question it, kind of like the serpent in the garden, "did God really say?"

I'm not sure how you can discard the opening chapters from Matthew and Luke, but then select what you like from the rest of the book. Apparently, if they "stole" the story from Mark, then you can accept it as legitimate. And it seems to me that your whole theory is based on an obscure variant manuscript from Mark 1.11, which is clearly repudiated by Paul's message in Acts 13.33.

You are on shaky standing my friend. You have lots of issues to address before your theory can even begin to hold water. How about starting with the Lamb of God? Jesus, the common sinner, cannot be Him. Are you now still waiting for the promised One? How can a regular guy like you and I redeem mankind of its debt to the law of God? If Jesus was "born again" at His baptism as you hypothesize, then why can't I be the redeemer too, since I was born again and baptized? My salvation was so dramatic back in the day that I felt the Father smiled on me and said, "this is now my son." All the angels in heaven were singing and shouting for joy.

So many questions ... so few answers ... I think I'll stick with the original.

Who would be martyred for a sinner like your Jesus? Sorry Timotheist, but you are preaching "another Jesus." Even if you were an angel from heaven, I would not accept it. Read Galatians chapter one. Twice Paul says "let him be accursed" who brings a gospel other than the one we have received.