View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 05:24 AM   #242
Drake

Default Re: The Vision of the Age, the Ministry of the Age, and the Minister of the

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
"2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted."

The Lord commends those who do this work.

I don't think you understand what "stumbling your brother" means.

Paul said that we need to "speak the truth in love". The truth may hurt, but it doesn't stumble you.

The only way that calling Witness Lee a false teacher, or accusing Luther of teaching falsehood as Evangelical is doing, would cause someone to stumble is if they have their faith in a man instead of Jesus. But the sooner you discover your error the better.
ZNP,

You are applying the matter of not stumbling in a double standard, one for you and one for me. Yet, a great principle as you described in your own words of not doing anything to stumble a brother is applied wide and if you stand on that principle but then qualify it to restrict its applicability for others then in so doing you negate the principle itself.

In other words, you cannot claim to be “speaking the truth in love” and deny that others such as Evangelical or myself are speaking the truth in love. Frankly, I do not understand how anyone who claims to be speaking the truth in love can do so with the vitriolic and caustic attitude toward fellow believers who meet in the local church .... words and attitudes as are so often exhibited in this forum..... and yet where is “the love” in that ? Where is your defense of that great principle when you see it right here in this forum? But I tell you plainly, that what I speak here is truth according to the scriptures and I say it with and in love. You don’t have a compelling argument when you say that a call to return to a testimony of oneness is a stumbling to those who know the difference and choose to remain in division. Our responsibility is to speak the truth in love and so on that one point we agree.

Drake
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote