View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 11:22 AM   #84
kumbaya

Default Re: First Post kumbaya

[QUOTE=Ohio;67529]Dear Drake,

We are obviously contemporaries, since we both came into the LC as college students back in the 70's. I migrated twice to startup new LC's, which proved my commitment to the Recovery.

When it comes to all things LC/LSM, let me simply say, I Know What You Know. Sure, some of the people and the details differ, but we lived thru the same history with the same ministry. You can't fool me, and I can't fool you. I know when you are "lawyering" and "wordsmithing" with the facts of history.

You could really help your credibility here with a little honesty.

For example, we both know that LSM did not exact a tax on all LCers based on our 1040. Neither was tithing a legalistic practice.

BUT ... we both know that agents at LSM pressured every LC elder and worker to buy books, send their members to the "Feasts," send their young people to the FTTA, etc. Leaders who were not so "compliant," were occasionally made public spectacles. That doesn't have to happen very often to make a lasting impression. After an event like that, occasional reminders suffice, and LSM can return to their regularly scheduled program about the "liberty of the Spirit" which supposedly only we enjoyed.[/QUOTE

wow- thank you. I wonder if there will be a day when I can read things like this and not feel heartbroken. Knowing my family and friends are still in this very hard to accept.
kumbaya is offline   Reply With Quote