Old 02-16-2018, 08:28 AM   #132
Drake

Default Re: The local church, the Work and the New Testament Ministry

Quote:
Originally Posted by A little brother View Post
How about this?

Watchman Nee—A Seer of the Divine Revelation in the Present Age
Chapter 33
...I consider Watchman Nee to be a unique gift given by the Head to His Body for His recovery in this age. I fully respect him as such a gift. I have the full confidence and assurance that it was absolutely of the Lord that I followed this gift for the Lord's interest in His present move on this earth. I feel no shame whatsoever in saying that I followed a man --a man that was the unique gift and the seer of the divine visions in this age.

How about the letter of allegiance to Witness Lee in 1986?

We also agree to follow your leading as the one who has brought us God’s New Testament economy and has led us into its practice.
Good examples, alb.

We follow the gift, the anointing, the leading.... we follow a man as he follows the Lord.

What forum members do here is ignore the anointing, the gift, and focus on the man... Then they find all the faults about this man they can muster to discredit the man......so they can accuse brothers and sisters in the Lord's Recovery of following a man. However, that logic is devoid of God's NT arrangement. God gave gifts to men for a reason.... to build up the Body of Christ. All the gifts are related to ministry. The gifts are men. Men have faults and yet, gifts are anointed by God.

If a man is to be followed as he follows the Lord then it is for the ministry to build up the Body of Christ. Under that definition they are comfortable to say they follow a man and so am I. Not how you and others mean it.

Drake
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote