View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 06:03 PM   #42
Freedom

Default Re: Two Year Training Testimonies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
I think you are overstating the importance of the "two year gap". Sensationalizing it as well by your use of the term "inexplicable".
A two year gap is not inexplicable if you explain it properly. It is always explicable to say exactly what you were doing to a potential employer. I don't think many would care about a 2 year gap. Experience and skills is the main thing.
It is inexplicable because it does not have anything to do with a career path, and any potential employer that is smart isn't going to bring up the subject of religion or religious activities.

Quote:
A two year gap is nothing in the grand scheme of things, many young people waste that time or the equivalent of it by going to night clubs and travelling to strange places.
That is a generalization.

Quote:
Do you have any bible support that a career is more important than God's work?
The LCM teaches a false dichotomy of "God's work" vs. having a career. Everyone has a basic responsibility to be able to provide for themselves and their family:
1 Tim 5:8 But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote