View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 05:01 PM   #14
leastofthese

Default Re: Witness Lee's church puts a women's virginity above anything else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
Don't worry you can ignore these verses. They are not part of the bible, they are only ancient Chinese customs. This forum even promotes a book which proves those verses were put there by Satan anyway.
Welcome to the forum heda. I'm not familiar with the thought in the LC that, "put the worth of a woman's virginity up above any thing else about her." The Churches of Witness Lee have a constant drum beat of Witness Lee - I didn't hear the drum beat on a woman's virginity during my time there.

You'll see from the postings of Evangelical that many men within the "LC" don't have a high regard for females. I found this to be true during my time there, which was always sad and a bit confusing. There are many smart and strong women on this forum I'm sure could lend much to your journey.

I haven't seen the forum "promote a book" as Evangelical describes. But then again, I'd be OK with Evangelical. My wife stays at home with the baby and cooks all my meals - shes not a CEO, we don't use a daycare while my wife goes to the gym. So my family passes the Evangelical test. Hurray! Maybe me and Evangelical have more in common then I thought.