Thread: Whistleblower
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 06:34 AM   #379
Cal

Default Re: Whistleblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Yes on Matthew 18.

But no on your concept about what constitutes church government. The “LR” is not church government. In this case the church government included the offending elder and the other local elders that advised the sister to remain quiet. At least, that is what I heard. Apparently she complied with the advice for the interest of the unknowing spouse. Yet, it is understandable in retrospect that would not bring closure. So the last step of v17 applies here and becomes relevant.... that is, no resolution in the church therefore the offending brother should be treated like a Gentile. It’s not only a civil matter, it’s a criminal matter too.

Like I said before, this sister has every right to exercise her rights as a citizen, seek justice, and obtain proper closure. Any action must be in the Holy Spirit of course... and with those whom she trusts.

Drake
You are quibbling about unimportant details, as usual.

And if you are such a big shot in the LR, why don't you get your conscience in gear on this obvious trail of evidence and CLEAN UP YOUR OWN BACKYARD? If you love the LR so much you ought to be outraged and angry. Yet, as usual, nothing seems to ruffle your feathers, except when your pride gets hurt.

"If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them if a large millstone were hung around their neck and they were thrown into the sea." Mark 9:42
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote