View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 06:30 AM   #453
Cal

Default Re: One Publication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
I'm not choosing Drake, but he did say when he joined the forum that he was a LCer for 40 years. He said that He knew Lee and the Blendeds personally. I got the impression he lived in Texas for awhile.

Perhaps you got him mixed up with others who have trolled us. Drake has made it clear that he supports all of LSM's positions. He told us he was a Christian before joining the LC's ~1976, when I did.

I have repeatedly challenged Drake over the Phillip Lee quagmire at LSM, since he lived thru it, and told us he knew all the people. He decided not to answer any of my questions, and then a few months ago refused to respond to any of my posts, effectively making him an "anti-troll" towards me.
Drake displays typical troll characteristics. He is intelligent, yet also seems maddeningly clueless when the discussion reaches the moment of truth, when someone has made a clear and valid point and has painted him into a corner. At that point he consistently does one of several things:
  • Disappears.
  • Simply says he disagrees in the face of logic no sensible person would turn his back on.
  • Focuses on some minor issue to try to discredit the other person (as when he made an issue of my use of "presumptiveness.")
  • Has a startling character change for a moment where his unctuous demeanor changes to something like an adolescent.
But you see the MO, over and over. He will probably disappear for awhile, then reappear in a few days as if nothing happened, and continue his merry way. And it will go around and around with him again. That's what he wants. He has no intention of honestly engaging anyone here. His goal is simply to pretend he is doing that, to fool you just enough to trust him. But he's shown time and again he's not interested in any evidence given to him in favor of anything he doesn't want to believe.

The reason Drake doesn't engage you anymore, Ohio, is because you beat him. You've given so much evidence about the abuse and duplicity of the Blendeds that it has reached the point where he just looks stupid saying "I don't know nuttin' 'bout dat," and so he just pretends you are not there.

I had just made a very valid and, I think, insightful point about how the Blended's narrow-mindedness, rather than preserving the Lord's light, actually hinders it, and so actually produces darkness. This is an irrefutable point, or at least one that any fair mind would consider and discuss. Did Drake consider it? Did he comment on it? No, he brushed it aside in favor of criticizing my vocabulary, and then went on to put into question my integrity by accusing me of using a "false word." Leave alone for a moment that his favorite MOTA, Lee, invented words all the time (see "Son-ized," etc.). But jumping on someone's language, grammar or spelling to try to deflect a discussion? That's the kind of thing preteens do. That kind of shift, from unctuous gentleman to mocking brat, is weird.

Was "borderline sociopath" too strong? I would say those who display such blase attitudes about real people hurt by the system they defend are definitely leaning that way. They've definitely hardened their hearts to hurt.

The Lord said the first commandment is to love. Defending the LC system in the face of all the damage it's done to his children is direct disobedience of that command. Matthew 25:45 warns strongly about this. At judgment some will claim to have done all kinds of things for the Lord (including perhaps defend "the Recovery"). He will tell them, if you hurt my little ones you totally missed it.

But Drake may not even be a real LCer. He may just be a guy who has nothing better to do. He certainly has given no evidence that he is personally acquainted with anyone or anything to do with the LC. All his displayed knowledge is general and can be found on the internet. He never talks about meetings he's been to, brothers he's spoken to, or the like. He has no personal anecdotes. Compare him to Ohio or ZNPaaneah, who are regularly relaying experiences and history. Drake never does that. Don't you think that is strange?

But I'm through playing his game. I'm going to call it like I see it from now on. I'm a sheep dog.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote