View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 10:40 AM   #255
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Re: One Publication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Anyone is anyone. Don't take my words out of the context in which I spoke them.
This is nearly an impossible task since you are constantly making the context a moving target. This is why I immediately followed up with:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
"Though anyone can teach, preach and publish the divine truths"? Really? Who's the "anyone" you speak of here? Please be specific. Also, please relate this to what is practiced in the Local Church, since that is the theme of this thread, and indeed the the theme of this forum. Forget about John Piper. Forget about Zondervan. They are poor, poor Christianity. Stick to the subject at hand.
Of course you have ignored my request. No biggie...I'm used to that. So, in any event, maybe you will show a little more courtesy and forthrightness to our friend Trapped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
I'll respond to this post soon, but am sad to see you have returned to waving the "it's just a publisher saying what it will publish" flag when I was pretty sure we'd gotten past that as we delved into why the Lord's recovery was featured as such a prominent backdrop if it's just a letter from a publisher just stating what it will publish.
And please, for God's sake (and ours) spare us the canned, prepackaged Local Church drivel....you're wasting everyone's time (including your own, by the way) by merely presenting the company line. We know you know better. You have the game to defend the indefensible...you've been doing it at the highest level for years. Go for it, my man!

Happy New Year, by the way. Hope all is well with you and yours.

-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote