Thread: Whistleblower
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 01:58 PM   #214
Steel
Moderated Member

Default Re: Whistleblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
Right. So why is it a published requirement for LC members to consider Witness Lee, whose been dead for 20+ years, as the One Minister with the One Ministry for the Age?
Human error maybe... Are you not, as I and every other person, personally acquainted with it... Human error that is.

Quote:
Why is it the official, published policy that the only publications allowed in the LC movement are those spoken/written by Witness Lee, whose been dead for 20+ years?
Again... Human error maybe... Are you not, as I and every other person, personally acquainted with it... Human error that is.

Quote:
Right. Dead men have no ministry. So why are all the Local Churches and anyone who wants to participate forced to read and fellowship the ministry of this guy whose been dead for 20+ years?
Again... Human error maybe... Are you not, as I and every other person, personally acquainted with it... Human error that is.

Quote:
Why are people ostracized and quarantined if they even suggest reading and fellowshipping from the ministry of any other man?
That hasn't been my experience. No doubt there is a limitation to doing so... But I've witnessed people speak from other ministry sources in both small group meetings and prophesying meeting... Including LSM doing so itself in some of its published literature.

My doctor, who has stopped meeting with us, did tell me that he did so because a brother whose home he met in always made his speaking from other ministry an issue. Which unfortunately led to this brother (the doctor) pulling out of the meetings and going, of all places, back to meeting with the Roman Catholic folk (it's what he had come out of). Having meet on a few occassions with this doctor/brother at the home meeting he was participating in, I understood the situation. But I don't see it as a problem with the ministry, but rather a deficit of growth in life regarding the broher in whose home the meeting was being held.

Is this doctor/brother better off meeting with the RC folks again? I'll just say that I don't think it's the end of his sufferings — there are other issues that the Lord is dealing with.

But I understand what you are speaking of... The narrowness of the view regarding just using LSM literature to minister from. But the Lord knows of the situation... And many have prayed about the situation... And the Lord allows the situation. So how do we as His servants, respond to what He knows, and allows?

But if I felt a definite lack of growth in life within me in realtion to where I believe the Lord has me meeting, I would certainly take it before the Lord... Because either I got it wrong regarding where I believe the Lord has me meeting... Or I have it wrong regarding what is needed for my growth in life.

And whichever it is... I trust the Lord to correct the situation as I am continually before Him regarding it.

Shoot... He might even have me in that situation just to cause me to learn to be continually before Him. The Lord is very smart/wise that way.

Quote:
"The practice these people have is their own practice". No sir. Please read the One Publication statement. Nothing, absolutely nothing is to be taught or practiced outside of what was taught and practiced by Witness Lee.
LOL... Then, my brother... They have dismally failed.

Understand this... You can write whatever you want until the cows come home... Getting people to live according to what you write... That's another story.

Quote:
Everything else outside of Lee is to be considered "religious" or "worldly".
Obviously not Darby... As he is quoted in the footnotes of the Recovery Versoin bible. Soooo....

Quote:
Look at today's quote of the day. "replacing us until all natural distinctions have been removed". To anyone who has been involved with the Local Church for any length of time, it should be painfully obvious what Witness Lee meant by "all natural distinctions". He meant anything different or apart from, or anything beyond what he taught and practiced.
Really... Then I must be living evidence of the dismal failure I referred to a little above. I understood this that is quoted...

"The new man is Christ in all the saints, permeating and replacing us until all natural distinctions have been removed and everyone is constituted of Christ."

To mean exactly what it says... This being that the new man... The one new man... Is simply "...everyone..." (meaning all born again believers) being constituted with Christ... Having all natural (our fallen man nature) distinctions... Being removed through Christ permeating and replacing us.

To me the above quoting speaking of Witness Lee is simply a type of explanation of whay Paul said... Galatians 2:20... "I am crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live in faith, the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me."

Honestly, this morning when I saw the quote I said to myself, "Oh, that's nice, there's a positive quote from Witness Lee. And I find it really sad that some would choose to see it as some sort of declaration of only holding to his ministry.

I'm really glad God has supplied me with the grace to not be so narrow in the way I see things.

Quote:
You should try to become clear on this reality.
Oh... I do try... Every day... On this and many others that scripture reveals... And I hope that in what I see as being clear speaking above... You see the result of my effort... And the Lord's grace working/operating in me.
Steel is offline   Reply With Quote