View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 04:57 PM   #214
OBW

Default Re: Questions about Daystar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL@donnali.com View Post
Also, at the end of Daystar before it bellied up there were talks of converting the Daystar to be a mobile, first responder's type of vehicle. They were trying to attach "emergency police type" flashing lights on the dome area, and had plans drawn up to redesign the back end where a table could roll out for emergency surgeries. So, the DayStar was NOT a scam, but a bonafide company.
I will concede that the intent was always to make money, and to do it well. But what you are missing is that the companies into which the various people invested did not actually exist in the US. They were not registered and did not file tax returns. They did not file bankruptcy because they couldn't since they didn't exist.

That may have been the presumption by the primary movers of the investment that it was not required. But it was required. Any investment solicited requires various kinds of legal filings. Some with the SEC. And to do that companies like Daystar would have to actually be incorporated somewhere and file tax returns. When the oil crisis happened and they could not sell the larger, more expensive vehicles they were making, they would have folded and filed for bankruptcy. But no such thing happened. They just told us that the company was gone and we lost our investment.

The charge was not that it was simply a scam. It was that it was structured in a manner that was illegal and was subject to legal and possibly criminal penalties for the way it was structured and sold. But it was just swept under the rug and it disappeared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL@donnali.com View Post
Ohio ... that John Ingalls, Bill Mallon, Al Knock, Ken Unger, Godfred mess wasn't because of Philip Lee. It was because they wanted autonomy in the churches. They wanted to govern areas in the country and wanted "their" church to be autonomous, meaning feel free to introduce other teachings and literature into the meetings. Brother Lee gave a strong word about that, I was in that meeting also. You are so angry and bitter and your rancor continually spews forth your hatred of anything LC. I actually feel sorry for you. Build a bridge, and GET OVER IT!
First, these did not have anything to do with Daystar.

But the information you have about what John, Bill, Al, Ken and Godfred wanted is quite wrong. Well . . . except for the autonomous part. Up until that time, the local assemblies had always been autonomous. They were not tied to the LSM or to Witness Lee except to the extent that they wanted to be. And they mostly wanted to be. But they did not want to be run by either. That was contrary to all the prior teaching that had been given.

Neither the illegal investment vehicle called Daystar nor the slander and libel that was spoken and put to writing concerning John Ingals et. al., have been covered under the blood. They remain as an open wound for the festering of the organization called the Local Churches. The people who were responsible for both and still live are at the top of the current hierarchy and have been proud to claim that they were righteous in what they did on these. That makes them worthy of scorn. Surely not worthy to lead any kind of Christian organization.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote