View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 03:17 PM   #169
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Re: Questions about Daystar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL@donnali.com View Post
BTW we are still meeting in the church - 43 years now, married 41 years, raised 3 beautiful and accomplished children. The Lord is richer today than when I was in my 20's. When I received the Lord I prayed, "Lord, always keep me in the center of what You are doing on this earth." I have asked many, many times to those that left that if they found something better to please let me know? No one, not even one has responded with anything better. I praise the Lord for His sovereignity in my life and for keeping me where I can be cherished and nourished to grow in life and to be build with others to love, manifest and express Him. Those are not just teachings and doctrines to me, but they are my life.

Donnali Peters
Donnali,

Thank you and bless you for taking the time to come and post on LocalChurchdiscussions.Com. I have quoted what I consider the most important part of your post. This forum was started and maintained for former AND CURRENT members to dialogue regarding the teachings, practices and history of the Local Church movement. Although not many current LC members have come and participated, I pray daily that more would come, register and participate in our discussions. The reason this forum seems so unbalanced - favoring the concerns, complaints and experiences of former members - is that so few current members have come here and taken advantage of this venue, the only such venue on the Internet exclusively designed and maintained for current and forum LC members.

Quote:
Lord, always keep me in the center of what You are doing on this earth.
I prayed this prayer at 17 years old when I first "touched" the Local Church in Orange County CA about 40 years ago. I also prayed this same prayer, albeit in a state of abject fear and confusion, about 20 years ago when making the heart wrenching decision to leave the Local Church. As so many have lamented over the years, I actually felt that I had not left the Church, but the Church had left me. And since those heady days of personal confusion and consternation, I have continued my seeking of the Lord and have continued to to pray that he would always keep me in the center of what he is doing on this earth. And you know what? He has answered my prayer! Please stick around and I'd love to dialogue with you about this! Anyway, there are dozens upon dozens of testimonies from former members. There are a few current LC members who participate. We would be happy and honored if you would consider registering and participating as much as your time and interest allows. We welcome EVERYONE, current or former members, but we especially want and NEED current members...even if they only want to come and "straighten us out"!

Speaking of being straightened out....I do appreciate your testimony of your experience with the Daystar situation. You have given us some very fascinating and insightful information. I'm assuming that you read my post about the experience of the designer of the Daystar, W.E. Miller. In the article I posted, the listing price of the Daystar was around "$70,000" - and this is coming from someone in a position to know. I know you said you couldn't find the brochure, but do you have anything else you could point us to to verify the "42,000" figure you gave? Also, it has been well documented that Timothy Lee was heavily involved in, and profited from the Daystar business, and not Phillip Lee. Maybe you could give us some corrected/further insight into this part of the story?

When you have some time I would like to dialogue with your contention about Witness Lee not having any control over the actions of his adult sons. Well, it is for this very reason that he should not have put them in charge of any commercial business, much less at the helm of a Christian publishing company. Untold havoc and damage - financial AND MORE IMPORTANT, spiritual, was done over decades because of Lee's setting his son's loose (against the strong concerns of many brothers and sisters who were aware of the character of these men). I'm not asking you to answer for Witness Lee per se, but I am going to challenge your defense of the seemingly indefensible. I'm sure you have a different view.

Here's the post I made about that W.E. Miller on 8/13:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post

The following is an excerpt from this article and can be found towards the end of the article. Also there is a picture of a completed (maybe restored?) Daystar motorhome at the bottom right of the article.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"In 1972 he (W.E. Miller) gave up editing the Gazette and took a full-time position as chief engineer/designer with Daystar Motor Homes, Inc., 1414 West Artesia Blvd., Compton, California. The firm's $70,000 26ft luxury motor home was built on a Dodge 440 commercial truck chassis by a third party in Taiwan named Phosphorous, a Chinese-American firm [B]connected with Witness Lee's Southern Californian 'Local Church'.

Miller even travelled to Phosphorous' Kaohsiung, Taiwan (Republic of China) factory to make arrangements for the construction of the Cor-Ten steel body and teak interior.

Only 16 Daystars are known to have been constructed before the firm closed down in 1975, the victim of an alleged money-laundering scheme initiated by Phosphorous' directors Timothy Lee, Samuel Chang and K.H. Weigh.
"
----------------------------------------------
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote