View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 04:58 PM   #371
HERn

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Had dinner and beers with an old high school / college buddy last week. We hung out and doped together until we both got saved and became Jesus freaks. Then we had Jesus parties (minus the drugs and alcohol) where a bunch of us young Jesus freaks would play guitars, beat on bongos, sing praises to Jesus until we got so sweaty we had to take our shirts off (just the guys not the gals). Hell, I beat those bongos so hard I broke my graduation ring! This went on for some time until finally a couple of deacons from the baptist church showed up to check us out. A lot of the baptist kids were hanging out with us because we were a cool alternative to organs, preachers and four-part choirs. Anyway, this brother I was having dinner with had contacted me about a year ago after 25 years of absence and was struggling in life, so I took the opportunity to share with him about the Lord's recovery and sent him an LSM hymnal and a book by WL on the topic of God can do good things with "losers" (not the exact title!). Last week at dinner I found out that over the last year he had been praying for me not to be deceived by WL and the Lord's recovery. After that first meeting a year ago he never spoke a negative word against anything, but just listened and talked whenever we got together. He knows what I've been through exiting the Lord's recovery, so at our dinner last week I told him that I had a meeting with my pastor about my concern for my friends "Jack" and "Jim" and he asked me if it was the pastor from my old local church (he didn't know that the LC does not have pastors). My response was an immediate and strong NO! HELL NO! It was then that I realized that I'm finally free from LC superstition and mind control. I think I'm making progress notwithstanding a few curse words here and there, a beer or two or three, and occasional conversations with "Jack" and "Jim"! I may not be an overcomer, but I'm happy in Jesus, enjoying a real local church that I'm now attending with brothers who are genuine, and my marriage is doing better. Thank you Lord Jesus!