View Single Post
Old 01-25-2015, 01:38 PM   #182
HERn

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Parable of the Good Shepherd (slightly retold from Unvarnished NT)

He, trying to defend himself, said to Jesus, “But who is my neighbor?” By way of answer Jesus said, “Once there was a fellow coming back from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he fell among thieves, who stripped him, gave him a beating, and went off leaving him half dead. Now by chance a blended brother walked by seeing the man but ignored him because he knew that he was not here for those kinds of things. Then a full-time serving one walked by seeing the man but ignored him because he was in a hurry to meet with young scholars on campus who were potentially good building material. But a certain member of one of the daughters of the harlot who was on the road came upon him and felt sorry for him, and went up and bandaged his wounds, poured oil and wine on them, and seating him on his own mount, brought him to the inn and looked after him. The next day he pulled out two drachmas and gave them to the innkeeper saying, ‘Look after him, and whatever you lay out I will repay you on my way back.’ Which of these three would you say turned out to be the neighbor of the one who fell among thieves?” He said, “The one who had mercy on him.” Said Jesus, “Go and do likewise.”

This was prompted by my hearing of a sermon on practical generosity this morning.

I think I'll throw out this LSM mindset on generosity.
HERn is offline   Reply With Quote