View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #63
NeitherFirstnorLast

Default Re: Jeremiah 23:33-38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrotherinFaith View Post
Cassidy, your quote, I heard that again (and) again today at the meeting. "We are not a movement. We are not a movement within Christianity." Are "we" outside Christianity? In your opinion? What are "we?"
"The Lord’s recovery is not a part of Christianity"
—Ron Kangas, Senior Editor and Director of Living Stream Ministry (LSM)

"There is an unbridgeable gap between the Lord’s recovery and Christianity" —Ron Kangas, (The Ministry, June, 2004, p. 10)

"We need to maintain the gap between us and Christianity; the wider the gap is the better…"—Ron Kangas

"There is a great gulf fixed…between the Lord’s recovery and Christianity."—Ron Kangas

"If there are any bridges…between a local church and Christianity, I hope that we would go back, burn the bridges and broaden the gap."—Ron Kangas

"There is an irreconcilable difference between the church life in the Lord’s recovery and today’s Christianity in any of its forms."—Ron Kangas

"It is impossible for there to be any reconciliation between the recovery and Christianity."—Ron Kangas

"There is a separation between us and all the denominations, between us and all forms of organized Christianity"—Ron Kangas

"We should not try through diplomacy or negotiation to be reconciled."—Ron Kangas

(NOTE: All quotes from The Ministry, Feb., 2004, pp. 8-25 unless otherwise indicated)

"Christianity today, the reality of Babylon."—Benson Phillips, LSM President

"We should not bring anything of Christianity into the Lord’s recovery…we accept nothing of Christianity."—Benson Phillips (The Ministry, March 2005, p. 121)

"The entire situation—not a part of it, not a majority of it, but the entire situation—of today’s Christianity is in degradation."—Bill Lawson

I remember when this message was given in Winnipeg - and I remember the confusion as the attendees left the meeting... "What are we supposed to call ourselves now? What should we say we are?" What indeed.

(quotes of Ron Kangas, Benson Phillips, and Bill Lawson provided by www.whataspin.com)

NeitherFirstnorLast is offline   Reply With Quote