Thread: Smoking Gun?
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 12:15 PM   #196
Meribah

Default Re: Smoking Gun?

"THE lead in carrying out the ministry of the age" = MOTA

The definite article "the" means one--a specific, singular, unique one. Why did he not say "a"? The indefinite article "a" means one of many. Nope, he wanted to be THE lead in carrying out THE ministry of THE age. There you go! Of course, the website A Faithful Word says it even more clearly. No way around it.

And because there is no way around it, we see here through arguments by Drake and Evang the way of the LC--pretending that embarrassing untruths that they spout as truth were never taught if confronted by those who see. What they say in the huddle, they don't want to say in front of well-taught Christians from poor, degraded Christianity.

Long ago, I was watching a video tape of WL about Thessalonians during a training. In this video, and I have never forgotten it, he said, "I am your apostle". I was stunned. To take on the title is bold to the extreme. Of course, there is the apostleship of starting churches (today often called missionaries), but most--if not all--think of it as being apostleship like that of the Twelve. According to what I remember, and age is a factor now, he did NOT go on to "explain it all away" by saying that he was a mere church starter. So, guilty as charged in my book.

Last edited by Meribah; 10-27-2017 at 12:17 PM. Reason: remove"n" from "an" on video tape of WL sentence. Typo.
Meribah is offline   Reply With Quote