View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 04:20 PM   #139
OBW

Default Re: What is God's Economy?

I know this topic devolved into discussions of deification long back, and then died altogether a week or so ago.

And I probably should have just left it there.

But this is something that is always on my mind. What is God's Economy.

And when I am confronted with what Paul said when he wrote to Timothy I am unable to find a limited definition of "economy" as adequate to describe the term. I mean, if the whole of the outcome of good and proper teachings is "God's economy" then it is more than "simply" anything.

So I see many teachings provided directly by Jesus:
  • Love your neighbor as yourself.
  • Hunger and thirst for righteousness
  • Judge righteously (as opposed to don't judge)
  • Be salt and light
  • Teach the law more diligently that the law that is written (because failing to do so will get you the back of the line)
  • Seek the pearl of great price
  • Be a doer of the word, not just a hearer
  • Be one as the Father and Son are one
And so many more. Just imagine all that those teaching result in.

And then compare that to "it just the dispensing of God into man." You can argue that it could work. If you had God dispensed into you, then all of that could be true.

But it is the result of all of those things that is the whole of "God's economy," not some teaching about "simply the dispensing of God into man" that is the whole of God's economy.

Lee taught that teaching a simplistic version of God's economy was God's economy. Paul taught that the result of all the good teachings was God's economy.

Lee is not even in the same ballpark as Paul. No comparison. Not talking about sort of the same thing.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote